As well as the Camino de Santiago I have substantial trekking experience in Spain mostly in the following areas:
- Picos de Europa: Numerous treks from 1 day to a week, including traversing the Central Massif, Los Lagos de Covadonga to Cain etc.
- Pyrenees: I have led a group over all the main peaks of Andorra, and had several trips to Catalonia (including ascending a 3000m peak) and in the Navarran Pyrenees. replica watches In Aragon I have tried to ascend Montes Aneto and Perdido but both times turned around due to adverse weather
- Sierra Nevada and Alpujaras: I have led groups and trekked in both areas and ascended Mulhacen in winter
- Basque Country: I have done many peaks and coastal walks and ascended Atzgorri (twice), the lovely Txindoqui, and the easier Adarra
- I have also led groups in Mallorca, Rioja and Galicia
Further afield, I have trekking experience in:
- Anapurna Base Camp – Nepal, 9 days, October 1992.
- Cho Oyu & Everest Base Camps, Nepal, 21 days, November 1993. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FLYING INTO LUKLA!!! See my Everest Base Camp Information page
- Annapurna Circuit, Nepal , 17days, October 2002
- Annapurna Base Camp (only initial sections), 4 days, November 2005
- Langtang Base Camp, Nepal , 6 days, December 2006.
Contact me if you want help organizing a trekking trip in Nepal. Local guides are now compulsory in all of Nepal, I can help you get in touch with a reliable Nepali guide who speaks English and Spanish.
Rest of the World
- Greece: Mt Olympus / Mytakas, 2 days, October 1993.
- Australia: Overland Trek / Cradle mountain – Lake St Clair, Tasmania, 9 days, January, 1994. See my Overland Trek Information page
- New Zealand: North Tongaririo Circuit and Kepler Track, 10 days, December 1997
- USA/Mexico: Picacho del Diablo, Baja California, 4 days, August 1994
- Mexico: Copper Canyon / Canyon de Cobre, Chihuahua, 4 days, April 1997
- Peru: Inca trail / Macchu Pichhu , 3 days, August 1995. See my Inca Trail Information page
- Bolivia: Takesi Inca trail, 4 days, August 1995
- Chile: Circlular Trek – Torres del Paine, Patagonia, 9 days, December 1991
- Morocco: Jebel Toubkhal, Atlas Mtns, 6 days, July 2000