A typical cycle tour of the camino for the final 270km from Leon based in local hotels and with all your gear transported by our back-up vehicle:
- Day 1. Meet in Leon by 2pm. and go on an organized tour of the old area, visiting its splendid Cathedral and the San Isidoro Monastery.
- Day 2. Cycle Leon to Molinaseca, a lovely medieval town next to a nice river. Stop on the way to see the Cathedral and Gaudi Palace in Astorga and at the ‘Iron Cross’, at 1500m the highest point on the Camino.
- Day 3. Cycle across the Bierzo valley then up and up to arrive in O Cebreiro, an old celtic hamlet, just inside Galicia, where local legend says the Holy Grail was once housed.
- Day 4. Today we go downhill and along lovely green valleys and stop for lunch and a tour of the monastery at Samos. We continue cycling onto Portomarin for the evening.
- Day 5. Continue onto Santiago, visit the Cathedral, obtain our Compostella certificates and enjoy our last meal together.
- Day 6: Leave.