A typical easy to moderate walking itinerary in the Picos de Europa is:
- Day 1: Meet in the evening in Arenas de Cabrales, northern gateway to the central Picos de Europa.
- Day 2: Walk from Arenas rising along an old Roman path across to arrive in hill hamlet of Camarmeña with a picnic lunch enroute.
- Day 3: We walk from Camarmeña up to the old picturesque village of Bulnes. From there we ascend to the lovely mountain pastures (full of wild flowers in spring) for a picnic lunch on the Col de Pandebano to arrive for the evening at Sotres, the highest village in the Picos de Europa.
- Day 4: From Sotres we walk along mountain tracks and again have a picnic lunch. We continue walking to Espinama where we take private transport to the pleasant village of Cain on the Cares valley.
- Day 5: We walk the famous and spectacular Ruta de Cares to lunch at Poncebos, from where we arrive by private transport back to Arenas de Cabrales. There is an option of a short afternoon walk.
- Day 6 (Optional): Travel by private transport to Los Lagos de Covadonga from where we do a pleasant day walk along the lakes and surrounding pastures.