A typical harder walking itinerary in the Picos de Europa:
- Day 1: Meet in the evening in Llanes, a pleasant medieval fishing village and resort.
- Day 2: Walk from Llanes over the Sierra de Cuera to Arenas de Cabrales, with spectacular views along the coast and southern section of the Picos de Europa.
- Day 3: Walk from Arenas rising along an old Roman path across to Sotres, the highest village in the Picos de Europa, at over 1000m.
- Day 4: Trek from Sotres into the high Picos at Refugio Uriellu at the base of the famous 500m cliff of Naranjo de Bunles.
- Day 5: Trek across the high Picos passing Refugio Veronica to descend on the funincular to Fuente De.
- Day 6: Trek from Fuente De to Cain, a pleasant village in the valley of the Rio de Cares.
- Day 7: Easier day walking along the famous Ruta de Cares to Poncebos and up to Camarmeña with spectacular views back towards Naranjo de Bulnes.
- Day 8: Walk up to the western Picos arriving in the Refugio Vegaredonda.
- Day 9: Half day walk out from the Refugio to Los Lagos de Covadonga from where we return to Llanes by private transport.